Step 1: APPLICATION AND FEE
Online applications for the 2022-2023 school year will be available beginning Wednesday, September 1. A non-refundable application fee of $75 is due upon submission. Although we continue to accept applications throughout the year, the December 15 deadline provides applicants with the best possible chance of admission and financial aid considerations. This timeline is suggested to help maximize your chance for enrollment given our small class sizes and limited availability.
Step 2: VIRTUAL FAMILY MEETING
After you apply online and submit an application fee, you will be contacted by an admissions representative to set up your Virtual Family Meeting. This will be an individual private virtual session through Zoom for PARENTS ONLY. Both parents, if applicable, are encouraged to attend.
Step 3: GETTING TO KNOW YOUR CHILD
We can’t wait to meet your child! Since we are not able to meet your child in person, we will work to know him/her through multiple lenses:
- Short videos
- Parent reflections
- Recommendation form, if your child is attending another preschool
- Brief Zoom calls that will be play/conversation-based as in our in-person assessments.
- School transcript or two most recent report cards (Kindergarten: if available)
- Academic recommendation from a current teacher (Kindergarten: if available)
- Child assessment by our faculty through Zoom.
Step 4: NOTIFICATION DATES FOR 2022-2023
- Families will be notified (by email) of their admissions decision, not before Friday, February 25, 2022.
- Parent replies are due no later than noon on Friday, March 4, 2022.
- Families will be notified (by email) of their admissions decision on Friday, February 4, 2022.
- Parent replies are due no later than noon on Friday, February 11, 2022.
Parents who accept admission must return a signed contract with a non-refundable deposit which will be credited towards tuition.
Early Notification Option for Siblings
- Families will be notified (by email) of their admissions decision, not before Wednesday, December 1, 2021, and not later than Friday, January 14, 2022.
- Parent replies are due no later than noon on Friday, January 21, 2022.
- Families will be notified (by email) of their admissions decision, not before Thursday , December 9, 2021, and not later than Tuesday, January 11, 2022.
- Parent replies are due no later than noon on Friday, January 14, 2022
Additional Ways to Learn about Maryel School:
1-The Admissions Staff is always available to speak with you on the phone or respond to your emails.
3- Talk to a Maryel Parent.
Maryel School of New York admits children of any race, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, and national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, or disability in the administration of its educational policies, scholarships and loan programs, athletic and other school-administered programs.
NEED-BASED FINANCIAL AID IS AVAILABLE