Position: Preschool Head Teacher (Pre-Kindergarten)
Responsibilities: As a Maryel Teacher, you are supporting Maryel’s program and policies as well as state licensing policies. Teacher tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Implement a developmental-interactive curriculum using Maryel Guidelines.
- Document lessons plans weekly.
- Record written observations of each child weekly.
- Provide a safe, clean and caring environment for students.
- Assess students and adapt curriculum to meet children’s needs and interests.
- Encourage play and growth in all areas of development: social, emotional, cognitive, linguistic and physical.
- Communicate with parents verbally and in writing.
- Provide professional interactions with students, co-workers and families.
- Help with assistant teacher supervision and mentoring.
- Attend staff meetings, training programs and school events
1-New York State Teacher Certification in Early Childhood Education (N-6 or B-2).
2- Bachelor or Master in Early Childhood Education
3- Possess the necessary NYC educational requirements
4- FLUENT IN SPANISH (Indispensable requirement)
5- Teaching / Teacher experience working with Pre-Kindergarten students (2 years minimum)
6- Strong time management, leadership and organizational skills
7- Excellent Microsoft Office skills – Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
8- The ability to quickly adopt new technologies
9-Experience in Dual Language Programs is a plus.